Eternal A'zyrla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal A'zyrla

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shivana
Generation X
Shivana

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-18

13th Zodiac Sign?  What the hell! Empty
PostSubject: 13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!   13th Zodiac Sign?  What the hell! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 am

New zodiac sign dates -- and Ophiuchus?
E-mail | Print | Comments (10) Posted by Jason Tuohey January 13, 2011 08:31 PM
The stars are not aligned, apparently.

Thanks to the moon's gravitational pull, zodiac symbols -- the age-old constellations that correspond to a person's birthday -- are off by about a month.

The Minnesota Star-Tribune explains:

The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was "in" on the day a person was born. During the ensuing millenniums, the moon's gravitational pull has made the Earth "wobble" around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment.
The news may come as a shock for people who subscribe to astrology, or even those who casually check their horoscopes each morning, as they've likely been monitoring the wrong zodiac sign all this time.

Here are the corresponding changes, according to The Washington Post:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

As if this weren't confusing enough, there's talk about adding a 13th sign to the mix -- Ophiuchus, which would span Nov. 29 - Dec. 17, leaving poor Scorpio with only a tiny, six-day window (Nov. 23 - Nov. 29).

Interested in how your luck fares with your new sign? Check today's horoscope again to see if it came true.
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-azyrla.rpg-board.net/characters-f8/shivana-vindi
Shivana
Generation X
Shivana

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!   13th Zodiac Sign?  What the hell! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 am

According to this, I am Libra-Scorpio. Though looking at the Libra Entry from my data book, it does hit me pretty well. I love the concept of balance! Still! What the hell!!!
Back to top Go down
Theadra-DeFanel

Theadra-DeFanel

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: 13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!   13th Zodiac Sign?  What the hell! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 am

Pft I don't care what they say. If I was a proposed Gemini when I was born, I'm a Gemini always. I'm not changing to a bull no matter what anyone thinks! haha
Back to top Go down
Shivana
Generation X
Shivana

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!   13th Zodiac Sign?  What the hell! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:39 am

LOL I called my uncle, and he put it into prespective. The changes will more effect those that are born during it, but to those born under a different sign will be that. I have am lucky enough to suit my new sign, so I will just accept it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!   13th Zodiac Sign?  What the hell! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13th Zodiac Sign? What the hell!
Page 1 of 1